Don’t be scared, bite the bullet and let Claire guide you through all the methods, tips and tricks needed to make jersey garments quickly and easily without any fuss.
This course has been developed for those of you who are unable to attend our physical workshops at our Brentwood based studio due to location or timing difficulties.
We have put together £180 worth of physical courses (making 3 garments) with online support and tuition to create this programme where we will hold your hand every step of the way, guiding you through week by week until you have 3 finished articles of clothing (possibly more if you are super speedy)!!
During the course you will not only create 3 complete garments for either adults, children or both. But you will also learn
- How to work with PDF patterns
- How to measure yourself correctly
- How to set up your machine to sew stretch fabrics (overlocker and serger tips will be included but are NOT a requirement)
- How to trace patterns
- How to cut out jersey
- Options for hemming
- How to calculate adding waist/cuff/ankle/neck bands into any garment regardless of the patten
The 3 garments you will make are:
- Raglan top in an adult or child size (3m – 12)
- PJ bottoms (Adults) or Baby leggings (0-4) /PJ Bottoms (4 – 12) (child) – Both are cuffed at the ankle with a soft yoga style waistband
- A skater dress Adult or child size (18m – 8y)
The course fees cover your tuition (video trainings) accessible via your own online learning portal and access to an online support group (facebook group). You will be added to the group once you have purchased your course.
You will also be required to purchase patterns and fabric for your course as per our physical classes. (Details of these will be found in the group). As a rough guide patterns will cost between £15 – £20 in total depending on your choice of adult or child size. Fabrics will cost between £20 – £50 again depending on your choice of adult or child sizes. You will be provided with discount codes for all the patterns as well as some online fabric stores and we will recommend other low cost suppliers to you at the beginning of your course.
Once you are signed up you will have immediate access to the video files and pattern information so you can get started on your journey.
Access to the facebook group that accompanies the course is not required but it’s a great place to chat to your fellow pupils and ask for advice and guidance.
You can apply to join HERE