During this 1 day workshop, we will run you through all you need to know to get your head around the Cricut die-cutting machines, how they operate and what can be achieved with them.
You will make several projects during which you will learn lots of different skills and techniques.
Topics covered and projects made during the day are as follows:
- Using ready-made SVG files to cut Heat Transfer Vinyl (HTV) and applying a layered design to a bag or t-shirt
- Importing PNG files and including your own words and fonts to create designs.
- Uploading fonts to design space.
- Cutting and applying a written design in HTV and applying to a bag or t-shirt
- Re-designing and manipulating fonts to look how they should and joining cursive fonts (Kerning)
- Placing regular vinyl wording onto curved surfaces (mug)
- Layering different vinyls (Design on a coaster)
- Cutting cardstock & simple greetings cards.
- There will also be a chance to ask any questions you may have.
As part of the workshop, all attendees will receive a kit with approx £30 worth of tools, blanks and materials. This will include Cardstock, HTV, standard vinyl, transfer tape, tote bag, t-shirt, mug & coaster.
Attendees will need to bring their cutting machine, connecting power lead and cables (bluetooth connectivity can be patchy) a laptop with Cricut design space installed on it, power cable. cutting mats, weeding tool, scissors, ruler, paper trimmer (if they have one) If you have a cricut heat press then please also bring this along. This will mean less pupils need to share our in house model.
Tea & Coffee will be provided, but attendees will need to provide a packed lunch.