These sweet little scissor keepers are really quick and simple to make. You will need to download your Scissor keeper (vinyl) PDF (this is different from our fabric scissor keeper PDF) and gather together some basic materials before you start.
You will need:
- Small piece of vinyl or faux leather
- Small piece of felt
- KAM snap or press studs
- Co-ordinating thread for your sewing machine
- Print out your Scissor keeper PDF (print at 100% or actual size)
- Cut out your paper pattern and then fabric as follows: 1 from vinyl, 1 from felt
- Place the felt on the wrong side of your vinyl
- Topstitch with a 1/8″ seam allowance, starting and finishing where marked on your pattern
- fold your scissor keeper into shape and clip up
- Stitch up the open side, going over your original topstitching
- Trim where required
- Add a KAM snap or popper to finish
A full video tutorial is available to view on our YouTube channel
Please note any links to Amazon are affiliate links. As such Beautiful Things earns a small commission on your sales however the products cost you no more to purchase. Many thanks for supporting us.